Monday, February 23, 2015

A Fresh Start

The first blog post is typically the hardest, but I've been blogging over at Diary of a Dental School Wife for the past 2.5 years, so this time doesn't seem too tough. Instead of launching a blog, I'm just moving things from there to here. Easy peasy.

So why even do it?

Well, when I first created Diary of a Dental School Wife in 2012, Joe was days away from finding out if he was going to be accepted to dental school. The path had already been so long and the path ahead seemed even more daunting. I felt like I would be a dental school wife FOREVER. Plus, until that time I never had a blog last more than a couple of months... why on earth would I expect to blog long enough to outlive the title of "dental school wife"?

But now that we are almost halfway through dental school and we have a baby arriving in 10ish weeks (!!!), I feel like it's the right time to make the move and to start fresh with a new blog. After all, before I know it I will be a "dentist's wife" rather than a "dental school wife" and dental school will be a thing of the past. Plus, I don't often write about dental-related things, and I expect that with the new baby my posts will officially be filled with typical mommy blogger stuff - baby pics, crafts, and exhausted rants on the classic topic "why won't he sleep?!"

For now, I'm going with the title Brushing Up on the Briers. Still a nod to dentistry, but not one with an expiration date. I have learned my lesson, though, and the URL for this blog will be katebrier.blogspot.com. Never again do I want to have to abandon a blog and followers because I've decided the title and web address needs an update.

I'm not an Internet expert, but I'm pretty sure that if you were a Google+ follower over at Diary of a Dental School Wife you will automatically be a follower of Brushing Up on the Briers. HOWEVER, for those of you who followed me with Bloglovin', you'll need to follow this new blog. You can do so easily by CLICKING HERE.

Haven't followed me before? I recommend Bloglovin' - it's a great way to have a central location where you can see new posts from all of your favorite blogs. I love it.

I'm hoping that with the new blog and the baby coming oh-so-soon that I'll be more consistent with writing than I have been lately. To be frank, my life since getting pregnant has been INCREDIBLY boring and I'm trying to bask in the boredom as much as I can since I probably won't have that opportunity for the next 20 years or so ;)

Looking forward to sharing this new adventure with you!

XO - Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment